“All are useful in this world who lighten the burdens of another.” ― Charles Dickens
Events and Gatherings
Journey of Eight specializes in event marketing, awareness campaigning, friend and fundraising, conferences and educational projects. The events we design and coordinate are typically part of a Development Initiative. We focus on small-medium business, educational associations, service industry, hospitality, specialty retail and non-profit clients. JOE designs events that are meaningful and beneficial to all who participate. Some examples of our past and current events;
- CV TV Celebration of Leadership 2016 and 2017. This virtual live video production was designed to highlight, interview, and report community events, members, staff and board activities associated with a small grass roots community based nonprofit in Osceola County. This creative project provided a fun innovative way to capture and promote activities associated with small scale endeavors making big impact. This campaign captured the attention of donors and help raise awareness and $125,000.00 contributions annually.
- NASSCFL (North American Society for Seventeenth Century French Literature) 2016 Conference hosted by Rollins College. This international highly prestigious academic conference is designed to engage not only the academic community but the local and philanthropic community. For the first time this year the banquet awards event will raise funds for local charity.
- The Paris Journey is an annual community based cultural awareness and event marketing campaign hosted by business partners. A percentage of sales campaign raises support for the arts. The events all have a Paris Theme and information is provided encouraging travel experiences to Paris. These gatherings provide attendees with a fun, interactive, network of like minded community members! Local gatherings take place from September – April. This event marketing program has generated over $100,000.00 in annual sales and contributed almost $25,000.00 in donations for the cultural arts.
- Masquerade Ball, a costume and black tie gala raised support for much needed healthcare services on behalf of Catholic Charities of Central Florida. The gala event featured student performances partnering with Rollins College School of Music and Orlando Ballet School. This gala raised over $35,000.00 in funding to support free medical and dental clinics.
- Silvern Young Adult Book Launch and children’s hospital campaign. A four month long book launch campaign with proceeds from sales benefiting Arnold and Winnie Palmer Children’s Hospital. This creative project was an awareness campaign and event marketing effort. Combining schools, book merchants, libraries, children’s healthcare this was a multifaceted grass roots campaign. This campaign generated $5,000.00 in support for children’s healthcare.
JOE works with all scales of special events and gatherings. Our team has designed and coordinated events as part of a complete development campaign and also as a one time private party. We work with all ranges of budgets.